Events of Interest
Fall 2014 Speaker Series
The CUNY Digital Humanities Initiative is happy to announce our Fall 2014 Speaker Series. All events are free and open to the public.
- Thursday, Sept 4, 4-6pm, Room 5318 : Elizabeth Maddock-Dillon on “Radical Archival Practices and the Digital Humanities: the Early Caribbean Archive”
- Thursday, Sept 11, 6:30-8:30pm, Room 5409 : Cheryl Ball, West Virgina University, on Making the Case for Scholarly Multimedia, co-sponsored with the GC Composition Community.
- Friday, Oct 10, 4:00pm, Room 4406: What Is a Dissertation? New Models, New Methods, New Media, a panel including: Jade E. Davis, Communications, University of North Carolina, Dwayne Dixon, Anthropology, Duke University, Gregory T. Donovan, Communication and Media Studies, Fordham University, Amanda Licastro, English, Graduate Center, CUNY, and Nick Sousanis, Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Wednesday, Oct 15, 6:30pm, Room C198: Destruction and Documentation: Saving Syria’s Cultural Heritage, Elizabeth Macaulay-Lewis, The Graduate Center, CUNY. Co-sponsored with the Center of Humanities.
- TBA: A showcase of CUNY Digital Humanities projects across the campuses